T&C’s and Game Rules
- This Promotion is open to both UK and non-UK residents aged 16 years or over. Proof of age and identity may be required. Entry to the Promotion is free.
- In order to enter the Promotion players are required to register at www.theultimategoals.com (the “Website”). A valid email address is required. Only one account is allowed per person/per email address. Multiple accounts from the same email address will be closed. Only one entry per week is allowed per person. Players are required to register in their own name and any player found to be registering in the name of any other person will be disqualified. If the Promoter has reasonable grounds to believe that multiple accounts have been opened by or are under the control of the same person, all such accounts shall be closed and all entries by such player and/or accounts will be disqualified from participating in the Promotion or receiving any prizes.
- Players will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions and agreed to be bound by them when entering this Promotion. These terms and conditions will apply for the duration of the season.
- In addition to the use specified above, the Promoter will use each winner’s, and each entrant’s personal details for the purpose of administering this Promotion. By entering this Promotion you agree that the Promoter may contact you via email with further information relating to this Promotion. You can opt out of such contact either through the My Account section of the Website, or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in emails from us to be removed from receiving future emails.
- Directors and Employees of Stalma Limited are not eligible to win prizes.
- The teams available for selection in each game week will be listed in the “Fixtures” section of the Website, and within the “Edit Selections” menu.For the majority of Gameweeks these will be league matches featuring teams from the following leagues:
- English Premier League
- English Championship
- English League One
- English League Two
- English National League
- Scottish Premier League
- Scottish Championship
- Scottish League One
- Scottish League Two
During certain Gameweeks (usually when international fixtures reduce the number of league matches), league fixtures from the English National North and National South are included and those teams available for selection.
Also, during certain Gameweeks throughout the season, teams from the leagues listed above may be involved in Domestic and/or European cup competitions. These competitions include, but are not limited to, the English and Scottish FA Cups, Football League Cups and the English FA Trophy, as well as European UEFA Champions League and Europa League.
When these cup competitions are in play, fixtures may be listed that do not involve teams from the leagues listed above. In this situation, players are able to select any team(s) from the fixtures listed, regardless of the league they play in.
Players will be notified of such Gameweeks through the Website and via email (unless unsubscribed from the email service).
- Players choose any 7 teams from the available fixtures, and place one team against each of the “multipliers” from x2 through to x8. Points are scored by taking the number of goals each team scores and multiplying it by the relevant “multiplier” (x2 to x8). The object is to score as many points as possible. A tie breaker will be used to determine winners in the case of ties as defined below (see Rule 15).
- However, if the team selected against the x2 multiplier fails to score, the player will incur a -20 point penalty.
- Following on from Rule 8, if the x3 multiplier also fails to score then a further -20 point penalty will be incurred i.e. -40 points, and so on until the first selected team that scores a goal is reached. In the unlikely event that all seven selected teams fail to score in 90 minutes, a -140 point penalty will be incurred.
- Where the x2 team has scored but a team selected against any of the other multipliers (x3 to x8) fails to score, only the points scored by teams up to that point will count towards your weekly total.For example if the x5 team is the only one selected that fails to score, only the points scored by the x2, x3 & x4 teams will count, with the x6, x7 & x8 teams’ points disregarded.
- The weekly Ultimate Goals Promotion closes at 2.55pm each Saturday (unless otherwise specified) or 7.40pm on a Tuesday for midweek bonus rounds (unless otherwise specified). Once an entry has been submitted, Players are allowed to make unlimited changes before the closing time via the Website. However, once the weekly competition has closed Players cannot change or submit their weekly teams.
- If a player does not submit their entry before the closing time for that particular Gameweek, they will score 0 (zero) points for that Gameweek.
- A player must select seven eligible teams in order to submit their entry. If less than seven teams are selected, that player will not be able to submit their entry and it will be void, and zero points will be scored in that Gameweek. After submitting their entry, Players are allowed unlimited changes before the closing time (see Rule 11).
- Eligible fixtures that kick-off prior to 3.00pm Saturday are available for selection, however any such selection will be frozen at the relevant kick-off time (e.g. 12.45pm kick off) and thus cannot be changed after that point.
- During the submission process, players must make a prediction of the “Minute of first goal” tie breaker, the time of the first goal to be scored in an English Premier League game kicking off at 3.00pm on the Saturday (or if unavailable the highest equivalent league). When judging closest prediction for the tie breaker, times before and after the correct minute of first goal will be considered equally (see Rule 21).
- If a fixture involving a selected team is abandoned at any time and for any reason, that team will be disregarded and score 0 points for the week, regardless of whether any goals have/have not been scored.If the abandonment happens to the x2 team, then the x3 team will be treated as the x2 team such that it will incur the -20 point penalty if it fails to score (See Rules 8 and 9).
- If a fixture involving a selected team is postponed for any reason, that team will score 0 points but will not affect the points scored by other selected teams.If the postponement happens to the x2 team, then the x3 team will be treated as the x2 team such that it will incur the -20 point penalty if it fails to score (See Rules 8 and 9).
- In the case of selected teams playing in any Cup matches, the number of goals scored after 90 minutes i.e. normal time are taken. Extra time does not count as this may give an unfair advantage.
- The prize winners will be determined in the following way:
- “Perfect 7” Competition: The Perfect 7 Competition prize is £7,777 unless otherwise specified. This prize is awarded to the player who scores the maximum possible points haul in the game week i.e. identifies the 7 highest scoring teams AND placed in the correct order against the x2 to x8 multipliers to achieve the maximum available points. If there are two or more players who have correctly achieved the “Perfect 7” score, the Perfect 7 Competition prize will be split equally amongst those players.
- A minimum of 40 fixtures must be in play on any given gameweek for the Perfect 7 prize to be available.
- Additional Bonus Prizes: Additional prizes and/or specials may be introduced during the Promotion at the discretion of the Promoter. These will be in addition to the prizes outlined above. In the event that additional prizes are introduced, the Promoter will publish and notify players of any additional terms and conditions as may be applicable.
- Fixtures, scores and time of first goal used are as published by Football API and verified by Stalma Limited. This data will be used to determine final league positions and winners of all prizes. Any goals scored in injury time will be recorded as 45min for the first half and 90min for the second half of the fixture. The timing of goals scored will be recorded as follows: 0 – 59 seconds = 1st minute, 1m00s – 1m:59s = 2nd minute and so on. For example if a player selects minute 6 for the tie breaker then this will apply where the first goal is scored between 5m00s – 5m59s; If there are no goals in any of the games then the correct answer will be deemed to be 0 or 90.
- The Promoter will not be liable for prizes that do not reach the winners for reasons beyond its reasonable control.
- Winners will be notified via the email address on their account. It is each player’s sole responsibility to ensure that their contact details are up to date. Winners will be required to verify (with evidence satisfactory to the Promoter) their age, identity, residence and other requested verification information to the satisfaction of the Promoter before they are eligible to receive a prize.
- A full list of prize winners by name will be available in the results sections of the Ultimate Goals Website at www.theultimategoals.com.
- Prizes will be paid via PayPal, direct bank transfer or Amazon voucher. If any entrant is not able, for whatever reason, to accept a prize, verify their registration information to the satisfaction of the Promoter, has been found to have breached these terms and conditions by the Promoter or cannot be contacted within five (5) Business Days (a day other than a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday in England when banks in London are open for business), the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify that entrant (and their eligibility to receive any prizes under the Promotion) and award the prize to another participant, if applicable.
- Entry into the Promotion constitutes permission for Stalma Limited to use the names and photographs of participants for publicity purposes at its discretion. All winners may be required to participate in such publicity as the Promoter reasonably requires.
- Allow 15 days for payment and delivery of prizes, except in the case of the “Perfect 7” prize, for which 30 days will be required.
Submission of entries
- The Promoter does not accept responsibility for network, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, which may restrict or delay the sending or receipt of your entry. Under no circumstances can a user submit their entry via e-mail.
Limitation of Liability
- Except in the case of death or personal injury arising from its negligence or in respect of fraud and so far as is permitted by law, the Promoter excludes responsibility and all liabilities arising from:
- any postponement, cancellation, delay or changes to the prizes, promotions or relevant football fixtures beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control;
- any technical failures or unavailability of the Ultimate Goals Website;
- obvious errors or omissions relating to the awarding of prizes; or
- for any act or default of any third party supplier including without limitation errors relating to fixtures and scoring data.
The terms and conditions of any third party supplier will apply to the prize where applicable.
- If any provision or part-provision of these terms and conditions are or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, it shall be deemed modified to the minimum extent necessary to make it valid, legal and enforceable. If such modification is not possible, the relevant provision or part-provision shall be deemed deleted. Any modification to or deletion of a provision or part-provision under this clause shall not affect the validity and enforceability of the rest of these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and legally binding on all entrants in relation to all aspects of the Promotion including (without limitation) allocation of the prizes and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries that do not comply in full with the Promotion’s rules or terms and conditions will be disqualified and will not be eligible to receive any prizes.
- The Promoter is Stalma Limited, registered company number 09878561.